It can be a bit difficult to tell your spouse or partner that you’re about to start an online business, without having a spat. The reason why most people have this difficulty are numerous.
For one, it could be that you just got to know your spouse or partner, you may not know what they like or how they feel about you starting the online business; which leads to my other reason.
With the new internet scam going on this day, it is considered a risk even to be associated with online businesses. You would not want your spouse or Partner to have anything to do with the internet business. However, if you want to start an online business, with the approval of your partner, there is a way you can convince your partner that you want to start an online business.
Starting an online business as it were is already hard as it were, there is no need to hide your plans from your partner, with the assumption that, even if you’re them, they would be on board with the idea. To make your online business successful, you have to get the positive support from your partner first; and your family members.
I would like to share with you a few tips on how to convince your partner about your online business idea.
1. Make the online business a family based business.
* For you to easily convince or rather cajole your partner to supporting your idea, you would have to come up with an online business that is friendly and family based. This way, you can conveniently blend into your work life and family life, plus you have time for your family.
2. Have an understanding of the family financial situation.
* Another way to help convince your partner is by understanding and analyzing your financial situation. When your spouse can see that your online business will in many ways increase the home income, then the possibility of your spouse getting on board increases. Being part of the family financial aid helps bring you and your partner together.
3. Have a time frame, differentiating work time from family time.
*One thing you should consider when starting up an online business is that you must always have time for your partner. Ensure that you have a workable schedule, when you work and when you have time for your family. Draw up this plan first, before you pitch your idea to your partner. When your partner sees the dedication and dichotomy, your chances of starting that online business increases.
4. flexible time frame
One of the great perks of starting an online business is, you can joggle your schedule. You can have time for your kids and your husband. Attention, if shown to loved ones, elicits support from those loved ones. In essence, therefore, you need to start an online business that makes time for your family.
When you have all these in mind, you become a great partner, loving parent and a wonderful business person. Plus you see that it wouldn’t be a big deal for your partner, if you can show that you have time for you kid and work, in fact, they would give you all the support they can.